The global WWO movement exists because of our shared vision, mission, faith, cornerstones, and values.
Our dream is a world without orphans.
A world where every child is cared for in a safe and loving family and reaches their God-given potential.
Call and equip national leaders to collaborate in solving their own country’s orphaned and vulnerable children’s crisis.
GOD is at the center of all we do. He welcomes all, has adopted us into his family, and is a Father to the fatherless. He calls us to seek justice and care for the most vulnerable.
The CHILD is our focus, each of whom we believe have inherent value and the right to reach their God-given purpose.
This cannot be accomplished without the development of the FAMILY, the best environment for a child to grow and thrive.
The CHURCH has the capacity and is commissioned to lead the effort in strengthening families, reducing vulnerability, and ending orphanhood.
It is through a MOVEMENT that broadscale collaboration across key spheres (such as government, education, arts/entertainment, business, family, religion, and media) will lead to the transformation of communities and societies.
WWO is a global movement of Christ-followers who are committed to serving all children and families. We value humility, service, and collaboration across faiths, stakeholders, and sectors. It is manifested through grassroots movements, which implement family-based solutions for orphans and vulnerable children in their communities, nations, and networks.
WWO CORE BELIEFS AND CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
WWO GLOBAL commits to individual and corporate responsibility for the safeguarding of children. We agree it is never acceptable for a child to experience, emotional, physical, sexual, or social abuse, or neglect of any kind.
We recognize there are two ways abuse is conducted: commission – where the child is the target of abuse and/or neglect; or omission where the child is left without the needed care that would ensure safety and well-being. We believe that all children are deserving of safety, permanency with a family, nurture, and well-being.
Our core beliefs are:
- All children have the right to be safe, have a loving, permanent family, and experience well-being through basic needs being met.
- When these rights are not being met, it becomes the responsibility of civil society to challenge these violations and to further ensure these rights are protected.
- All children are precious and deserving of every possible opportunity to meet their God-given potential.
- WWO Global has the responsibility to communicate to all WWO Global partners the responsibility of ensuring the protection and care of children within their programs.
- WWO Global has the responsibility to ensure all partners have and adhere to Child Safeguarding Policies in order to remain partners with WWO Global.
- All partners of WWO Global should be well informed as to the definitions of abuse and neglect.
- WWO Global will respond to allegations of child abuse and/or neglect and request partners to report all such allegations for investigation to a third party in the country where the abuse occurs.
- WWO Global is committed to working with partners who agree with the WWO Global Safeguarding Policy and have a separate statement and/or policy that supports the WWO Global Safeguarding Policy.
- WWO Global believes that when an allegation might occur with a partner, they are to “set aside” the partnership in question until a full-in-country third-party investigation has been completed and the allegation has been unsubstantiated.
- Substantiated allegations would result in a severance of any partnership between WWO Global and the partner in question.
- The efforts towards restoring the offenders and remedial actions in specific cases are subject to local laws and leaders where the offenses occurred.
Our full WWO Global Safeguarding Policy is available here.
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families. (Psalm 68:5-6 NIV)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
As devoted followers of Jesus Christ, we commit ourselves to the purest distillation of our religion: looking after widows and orphans in their distress.
In this pursuit, we work in close collaboration with Christ followers of all denominations.
Additionally, we understand that in order to have a world without orphans, we will need to collaborate with people of different faiths who share this same calling.
While our Christian faith motivates our passion for vulnerable children, we work closely with stakeholders (across business, government, etc) that enhance our vision and values.
Please see our full statement of faith here.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto eternal life and they that are lost unto eternal condemnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.