Information For Participants
The Global Forum for a World Without Orphans will be held 24-27 October 2019 at the Empress Hotel Convention Center in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The Empress is located in the center of Chiang Mai in close promiity to the Night Market, Walking Market, the Chiang Mai International Airport, and the train station.
On-site registration will begin on Thurday, 24 October with a celebratory opening dinner. Hotel accommodations have been arranged for all Global Forum participants. Participants will stay at the Empress Hotel. It is in close proximity to the venue. Information packages will be provided to participants prior to conference and at registration check in at the venue.
Shuttle transportation will be provided from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport. All Forum meetings are at the Empress Conference Center next to the Empress Hotel.
VISA AND INVITATION
If you need a visa invitation letter to Thailand, we will also be able to issue you one after you pay your registration fee.
For information on visas and permits, and other general considerations when traveling to Thailand, please contact the Thai Embassy nearest you:
Since the Global Forum will start on 24 October 2019 and end late evening on 27 October 2019, you are advised to book your flight schedule as follows:
Airport Name : Chiang Mai International Airport - Airport code : CNX
City : Chiang Mai, Thailand
Arrival Date : 24 October 2019, preferably before 2 pm.
Departure Date : 28 October 2019 any time.
Please submit your flight schedule to email@example.com by 28 August 2019.
You may be able to save on airfare by flying to Bangkok (BKK) and then flying from Bangkok (BKK) to Chiang Mai (CNX), which is just a one-hour flight. It is important to make sure that you book the flights in and out of the same Bangkok airport (usually BKK) as there are two airports in Bangkok. You'll also need to leave enough time for customs, etc between your flights, a minimum 2.5 hours is recommended.
Registration includes all meals during the Global Forum, including dinner on 24 October through breakfast on 28 October, except one dinner on your own, Sunday evening, 27 October. Full service coffee shops are available on-site and close-by. Local restaurants are available at a convenient distance.
Please note that your registration cost covers the following items:
- Airport pick-up for arrival on 24 October 2019 and departure on 28 October 2019.
- Accommodation at the Empress Hotel with check in on 24 October at 2 pm and check out on 28 October at 12 pm.
- Meals during the Global Forum, including dinner on 24 October through breakfast on 28 October, except one dinner on your own, Sunday evening, 27 October.
The registration cost above does not include:
- Two-way air ticket cost to Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- Additional hotel nights (if arriving earlier than 24 October or leaving later than 28 October 2019.
- Participants who arrive earlier than 24 October 2019 or depart later than 28 October 2019 may need to arrange their own hotel accommodation, airport pick-up, and/or local transportation.
- Reservations for additional nights should be made as soon as possible. Confirmation of reservations for additional nights is subject to availability.
- Payment for any additional nights and other expenses will be the responsibility of the guest and should be submitted upon departure. More details will be included in the hotel’s welcome letter distributed to guests upon arrival.
- To reserve additional nights, please contact the hotel reservation department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the rate for the Global Forum for a World Without Orphans.
Additional Nights Rates:
- Room rates at The Empress Hotel for the month of April 2019 based on the Superior Room with American breakfast, net., inclusive of service charge, Vat.
Single room at Baht 1,400.- net., Twin (double) room at Bhat 1,700.- net., Extra bed at Baht 600.- net.
Can I cancel my registration?
Registrations cannot be refunded; but, paid funds may be transferred to another approved applicant to pay registration expenses.