Country Profile: Uganda
Total Population: 45.7 million
Total Children under the age of 18: 25.14 million
The situation of children in Uganda
- 1 out of every 5 children in Uganda is uneducated.
- 56% of Uganda's children suffer from multiple deprivations.
- At least 10,000 children live on the streets in Uganda.
- Everyday work is a reality for about 36% of children between the ages of 5 and 14.
- 46% of young girls married before the age of 18.
- 950,000 children affected by HIV.
- 59% of children experience violence.
- Many children still become orphans as a result of AIDS.
Other Information about Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and Family Care in Uganda
"Source: UNICEF, Humanium, SOS Children's Villages International".